Sunday, August 23, 2009

Introduction: A Bit of Background!

With the 2009 college football season fast approaching, I have decided to start a blog about my experiences with Penn State football. From a fan perspective. What it's like in the stands.

I have some qualifications in this regard - I attend EVERY game in person. Last game I missed - anywhere in the country - was in Iowa City in 2001. That's eight years of perfect attendance throughout the Big Ten and other places - bowl games - where Penn State has played.

In fact, since 1987, when I married my husband Terry, I have watched Penn State play 120 times at away games - in 39 different stadiums, 22 different states, against 36 different opponents. NOT INCLUDING all but three home games at Beaver Stadium since 1987.

It's just plain fun.

My goal is to engage you in conversation about the fan experience and to learn about other great college football fans - tell me your stories!

I hope we can be respectful toward each other and celebrate all that is good and different about college football.

We travel to games on our own time, with our own money. Any opinions expressed here are my own and not representative of Penn State, Penn State Athletic Department, or the Smeal College of Business, where I work.

No comments:

Post a Comment